Monday, November 4, 2013

It's raining...it's pouring...and the kids tell me I'm boring...

It has been a long day in our house. Light rain all day has made today an inside day. Apparently, I'm no fun! I make them do worksheets instead of playing in cold rainy weather. Man...I must be boring. My four children are homeschooled. Today is one of those "I want to pull my own hair out" kind of days. LIke...why did I bother to homeschool them? I'll remember tonight when they are sound asleep. I always do. My husband works nights a few times a month so when he is sleeping during the day we try to keep quiet. That is the reason for the worksheets today. If it were any other day we would have had a lot more fun. Anywho~I had started a blog a few years ago. It didn't work out the way I planned. Meaning...I planned to write and post different things...and that just didn't happen. This time though, things are different. My life has a whole new meaning. Not only do I have 3 beautiful boys who destroy my home, but I also have a gorgeous princess who joins in on the fun. I will give her this: for a 2 year old she loves to clean. My boys weren't that way. Another reason for this new blog is that I'm now a homeschool mom. This is our first year and so far we are enjoying it. Here's the thing though. There are many parents online asking a lot of the same questions. There are many ideas and wonderful teaching methods. I use what I call "The Mommy Method" to teach and parent my kiddos. Sure, I look up things on the internet or read books to help me find the answers...but at the end of the day I'm going to do what I feel is best in my heart. This blog will probably reflect that. Times are rough, money is tight, and mommy is frugal. I love cheap. I love education. I love crafts. There are many other things that I love, I'm sure. I enjoy a little bit of everything. I am one of those who could never decide on a career. One minute I wanted to be a teacher and the next I wanted to be a doctor. I wanted to be a hairstylist and a gardener. A baker, a musician, a crafter, and the list is endless. Well, as luck would have it, I get to be all of those things. I earned my degree at Mommy's University. I taught myself how to be a mother. Somethings have been easier than others. Like learning to tune out screaming, yelling kiddos because they are wrestling behind me and still be able to make this post. Any questions or comments are always welcome here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment